Followers

Tuesday 3 December 2013

December tag

Tim has posted his latest tag for us :-)


And wonder of wonders.... I don't have this months ingredients! As ever, I still want to take part so I've been experimenting again - I actually had 3 options to try so here they are

I had the right stamp for the greeting :-) & at the end of his post he had done a second tag using the Holly Branch die- goodie I have that one too. 

So I coloured 1 tag with  crushed olive distress stain, spritzed & dried, stencilled using diamond mask (crafters workshop) & peeled paint DI. I then die cut some frosted shrink plastic that I coloured with DI in shabby shutters & gathered twigs. I then took a heat gun to them but only heated enough to make them twist up & part shrink!!! They've been hot glued to the tag along with a slightly aged looking bell from my stash & I've added 2 ribbons (also stash)

Option 2 used the same principle but here the colours are vintage photo + picket fence DS with Vintage photo & antique brass for the stencilling 
This time I die cut leaves & branch from some frosted plastic that was packaging I'd been hanging onto for "some day"! This got coloured with Promarkers / Spectrum Noire pens. These were gently heated to make them curl & I added a couple of paper sprigs (tattered pinecone) I found some red glittery berries in my stash so everything got hot glued again. I've added a short length of red Xmas/New Year ribbon - the last of it that I've had years!- and a little eyelash yarn to finish
So these two are quite dimensional but the final one is not....

I've used a piece of card left over from the April tag as a background & added some snowflake stencilling in gathered twigs. The branch & leaves have been die cut from some thick almost vellum like paper. It was a 2 pape advert in the Times maybe 2 years ago- cannot remember the ad though!!! Again it was something I'd hung onto in case... I coloured with DI gathered twigs & peeled paint + some Promarker green  to give a variegated look to the holly. I stamped "joyeux noel" in black & embossed, used my xyron to put glue on the vellum, the red gems are stuck on with glossy accents. Ribbon was from my stash & now I have a label for my brothers Christmas present :-). 
So there you have my 3 experiments!

Hope you all like them - see you all in blog land again soon. 

12 comments:

  1. Oh well done Sally, these are really good. I think your experiments have worked well, the shrink plastic idea is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Wish I could let my inner CAS let loose & get inky & distressed! One day maybe ;) I'm well jealous of your ski trip! Have a FABulous time. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tags Sally, love the colours and details.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tags turned out pretty cute. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sally, love your tags as well, especially the little bell, that's adorable. Wanted to say Thank You for the kind words in your comment on my blog too. Keep up the good work.
    Hugs,
    ~Jody

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm making you my guinea pig, Sally. I've had the hardest time getting my comments to post. This is my 5th try!! :-( I really do love your tags--especially the holly leaves and the eyelash yarn! Super fun and festive!!

    Crossing my fingers that this one posts....

    ReplyDelete
  7. HURRAY!!! It worked!!!! Thanks for being my guinea pig!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow what a great tags
    hugs Pia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tags are gorgeous!
    I am waiting for my frosted film.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was pretty quick off the mark! Love your experiments - the packaging works brilliantly I think - and the variation in the backgrounds is lovely. Great takes on Tim's tag!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous!!! Love all three, and you've made them so fast! Gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete