And wonder of wonders.... I don't have this months ingredients! As ever, I still want to take part so I've been experimenting again - I actually had 3 options to try so here they are
So I coloured 1 tag with crushed olive distress stain, spritzed & dried, stencilled using diamond mask (crafters workshop) & peeled paint DI. I then die cut some frosted shrink plastic that I coloured with DI in shabby shutters & gathered twigs. I then took a heat gun to them but only heated enough to make them twist up & part shrink!!! They've been hot glued to the tag along with a slightly aged looking bell from my stash & I've added 2 ribbons (also stash)
Option 2 used the same principle but here the colours are vintage photo + picket fence DS with Vintage photo & antique brass for the stencilling
This time I die cut leaves & branch from some frosted plastic that was packaging I'd been hanging onto for "some day"! This got coloured with Promarkers / Spectrum Noire pens. These were gently heated to make them curl & I added a couple of paper sprigs (tattered pinecone) I found some red glittery berries in my stash so everything got hot glued again. I've added a short length of red Xmas/New Year ribbon - the last of it that I've had years!- and a little eyelash yarn to finish
I've used a piece of card left over from the April tag as a background & added some snowflake stencilling in gathered twigs. The branch & leaves have been die cut from some thick almost vellum like paper. It was a 2 pape advert in the Times maybe 2 years ago- cannot remember the ad though!!! Again it was something I'd hung onto in case... I coloured with DI gathered twigs & peeled paint + some Promarker green to give a variegated look to the holly. I stamped "joyeux noel" in black & embossed, used my xyron to put glue on the vellum, the red gems are stuck on with glossy accents. Ribbon was from my stash & now I have a label for my brothers Christmas present :-).
So there you have my 3 experiments!
Hope you all like them - see you all in blog land again soon.