Followers

Saturday 18 June 2016

New themes

Journal 52: summer solstice (+ bonus use a sun) or wine

It's been awfully hard to feel summery around our neck of the woods of late....someone fotgot to turn the rain tap off! So despite the stone circles that we have in this part of the world that always seem to attract the new age Druids at this time of the year I decided that I just had to go with wine.

A light wash of shabby shutter DI, some stencilled red wine stains (seedless preserve & festive berries mix), inkadinkadoo grape varieties stamp (dusty concord & bundled sage) 
I added a bunch of grapes, 2 champagne flutes & some inked tissue paper vine leaves from my stash which, by the way, never seems to get any smaller!!!! I added a quote to a sticker that I coloured with shabby shutter.

A little close-up...

Art prompts galore
I managed all the elements this week!

Yellow, watercolour paint, stripes, circle, stickers, stars, rubber stamping, animal.
The stickers and the kitten card came from the non diminishing stash pile, the assorted stars, quote & "meow" are all stamped.

Colour me positive is be enough 

I had a background prepped and I raised my stash! The long hair is me though mine is not this long and never has been, the French maid....well, let's just say that housework comes after crafting in the dictionary but I am fluent in french, the lady at the bottom of the page is from a Thierry Mügler ad for Angel perfume and her hair is more like mine, the girl top right is in fact from my hairdresser appointment card....he tries to get my hair straight,the girl in the swimsuit...reminds me of the summer lifestyle we lived in the Middle East and Marilyn....likes to have a fun time and so do I ! The quote is one I like to think reflects the old me & the more recent me lol.

Positiv journal
in May was about texture 

I took a long time to get started because I was blank! Eventually used a piece of card done ages ago with home made texture paste, spray inks & gilding wax + Sizzix butterflies 

June is in the process of getting done!

DLP is PAC: use tissue paper & list 10 overused words

Acrylic paints, distress inks, tissue paper PAC, velum flowers (yes, they were in my stash!) & sticker letters/numbers (more stash) and if you are all wondering about mang-mush....that would be our nickname for Bailey the golden retriever - he drools....A LOT!

Monday is a new week of inchies and this week is party....done with a Craft Stamper free stamp on shrink plastic....


Thanks for looking & commenting....I'm off to see if I can finally do a T H tag this month....

16 comments:

  1. Wow Sally an amazing selection of fantastic journal pages. I think you should grab a glass of wine and celebrate all this art, by dancing on a table [like the quote on your first page].
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. some fab pages, love the rich butterfly coloured one a lot xx hugsx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of wonderful prices and designs to look at again this morning Sally, I can't believe we are so near to the longest day and we've not had a chance yet to have a late BBQ party. The garden is blooming beautifully and the new turf is doing well with all the rain but I'd love to sit out in some sun. Your beautiful textured page and butterflies have helped brighten up the morning, thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry iPad predicted text has been in operation lol xxx

      Delete
  4. Some fabulous journal pages, and inchie. Yes, go on, dance on the table like Brenda suggested, it's more than I could do. I would need a ladder to get on the table in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your journal pages and the inchie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your journal pages, especially the butterfly one. Your inchie is a great party one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice artwork and I like our use of shrink plastic for your inchie - well done all

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you have a never shrinking stash, I think we all have that LOL I do love all the art and the colors you used, The inchie is cute

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sally, Woah, you are probably the most prolific crafter I visit :D Fab pages and texture, I love your one on hair :D and the wind rings are great!!
    I was so sorry to read about your Father and I am very sorry for your loss, best wishes and a hug, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That should read 'wine' rings LOL x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those leaves on your wine pages. I did chuckle at the 10 over-used words and "Beware of Angels" is so excellent. You are lucky to live near stone circles, I grew up surrounded by them but there are none that I know of in the South East of England which is probably why I've not bumped into any Druids recently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I got the leaves idea from a Tammy Tutterow blog post- they are fun, overstamped with the same grape/wine rubber stamp as my background but a pain to punch, I did multiple layers but they are then rather difficult to separate!

      Delete
  12. All fabulous pages Sally, love the wine page, much better theme than stone circles!
    The hair page and your explanations is brilliant and I'm so glad you explained the mang-mush word - was quite lost at that one!
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great to do some catching up - the wine page is just wonderful... love the subtle colours of the leaves. And that textured red page with the butterfly is amazing!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic projects all of yhem and a great idea for
    The inchie

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete