Followers

Sunday 23 August 2020

Playing

 I’ve been getting inky this week...

Brusho + stencil 


Distress inks / oxides on white & pearlescent white card led to this mixed media post card for an upcoming swap...


I also diecut some of the scraps....


Another alphabet postcard 


And this week’s Life documented requirement was to paint in an abstract style using many layers...not a technique that I am enamoured with, I much prefer to smoosh ink lol!

I played with chalk pastels using them as watercolour paint, stencilled DI,D oxide, also added some stain over the top on part of the sheet of paper (which I discarded) .....and got stuck so I walked the dog....when I came back to the desk I realised that now I’d cut the paper in 4 & they were lying in a different direction...one could imagine that the triangles were fish! After that I raided the scraps bin & diecut some seaweed and added micro beads as bubbles (they go back to August 2005 and came as an offer with Craft Stamper magazine which has just died due to Covid 19)






See you again soon!



1 comment:

  1. Ooh, loving the inky playtime (thanks for the nudge - I'm very bad at blog-visiting these days)... those leafy browns and blues make me happy! The stencilled brusho sheets are just fab - they'll make really great collage scraps and tag backgrounds. And those triangular fish are really cool!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete