Followers

Friday 12 April 2013

A late March tag!

I was never going to manage to do this tag in time for Tim's challenge but I did want to make the set again this year, so having done April & January....it was time to make February & March.

Well February still has me stumped but I'll get there eventually; March was a challenge as I have none of the ingredients but there is always scope when you use your imagination!

I don't do cute as a rule but as the only Easter items/stamps I have are on the cute side here is what I came up with....

Some free NitWit checkered papered for the background, a Nestie (labels18) coloured with Antique Linen DI - I stamped around the edges in Peeled Paint DI using a couple of flourish stamps ( Stampology & Designer Flourishes). The rabbit has been stamped & embossed, then coloured with Promarkers, I did 2 layers to get a dimensional effect ( the stamp is from the "Floral Flourish" freebie pack of issue 9 Creative Stamping).

I snipped into several strips of handmade green paper to create the grass & snuck a strip of Easter eggs/ butterflies that came off a card that I received a few years ago! The March stamp is part of a set of date stamps that I bought in the USA. Some eyelash yarn was all I needed to finish this off.

Definitely not my usual style!!!!
So as I seemed to be on a roll....I made a couple more- again with NitWit stamps this time, the pink one is coloured with Promarkers & then placed behind a Nestie with a window cut in it, a short length of ribbon that was just crying to be used (only just long enough!) that I have tied around the image, another short length used to make a loop at the top of the tag.

I coloured some recycled take-away foil dish that has been run through the ribbler several times in various directions & have then punched flower shapes from. These have been attached to the tag using brads over the top of a band of the eyelash yarn which here is the grass.

Then, for a final effort, more NitWit paper & stamp. Still using Promarkers for the colouring & the same Nestie with a window, I attached the frame to the tag with brads after fastening a length of organza ribbon around it. A topper that came with the papers running along the bottom & a carrot topper at the top as a "ribbon".

I shall use these last 2 as toppers for cards to the grandchildren next year :-)

Bet you are all surprised that I can do "cute"!!!










2 comments:

  1. Great tags, lots of fun and a really creative set of March tags. I have only managed to do January so far, I wasn't keen on March but I like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look so adorable, Yes you can do cute.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete