Friday, 30 August 2013


I felt a touch of autumn whilst walking the dog yesterday morning...and so I decided to create a little something :-)

I started off with a piece of card that had been used to mop up some extra distress inks and cut it to #8 size tag, the colours are Frayed Burlap, Pumice, Broken China, Peeled Paint & Spiced Marmalade.
I did some water flicking & then distressed & edged with Vintage Photo.

Autumn is part of a larger TH stamp from thankful silhouettes, inked in Rusty Hinge.
The background has been stamped with a "vine" leaf stamp in Peeled Paint and then I have stamped the pumpkin using the same colour + clear embossing powder (I wanted to accentuate the tendrils)
I then stamped the pumpkin with archival black on the inside of an envelope that came from France Telecom! I liked the orange pips :-)

I cut the pumpkins so that I could get 3 layers, the smaller one has been coloured using Dried Marigold, the middle layer with Spiced Marmalade and the base layer is the same but with a touch of Rusty Hinge. I've also added a few strokes of Mandarin Promarker to accentuate the shadows. The foliage has been coloured using Peeled Paint,
I have added Tattered Florals leaves that I've die-cut from inked book pages and also stamped a couple of spider webs (Martha Stewart).

Some eyelash yarn, ribbon & raffia from my stash finish the tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment