Followers

Saturday 16 November 2013

Inky part 2

Some more inking has been happening here :-) 

I have turned this
Rusty hinge & crushed olive through a stencil.....

Into this
I've die cut, using the weathered clock & added Tarnished brass distress stain, and got myself a nicely aged clock.

I die cut a Pine tree from some packaging, inked with stain, dried it and added some "snow" which turned out to be a disaster due to the fact that the stain leached into the snow & turned it lime green!!!
So I picked off the snow, covered the tree with gesso that I stipples on to get a rough finish & left it to dry....then added some green acrylic paint- definitely an improvement :-) once that had dried, I added some more gesso to the upper parts of the branches to create snow, this time it stayed white!


I've added a little black soot ink to the edges of the clock & hands, stuck the clock down, the hands have been attached using a snowflake brad & the tips of the hands are stuck down.

I die-cut some letters with the Alphabetical strip die to spell snow time and glue them onto the clock "face"- also added a plastic snowman in the bottom corner after I'd distressed the edges & coloured with some chipped sapphire ink

 

We are forecast snow next week so it would seen that the words may well be prophetic! 
There is already snow on the nearby hills and last week-end saw skiers & snowboarders out on the slopes at Aviemore so we know it can't be that long before winter starts to catch up with us....

Have a good weekend & thanks for stopping by :-)


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic project, love how you added the wonderful details, especially the super tree and fun snowman.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab! Love the weathered brown clock against the scrummy textured blues of the background... great make!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete