Followers

Saturday 5 July 2014

July

It's early July, it's raining & I'm heading off on holiday in a few days YEAY!

It's also time for Tims new tag challenge and I'm improving "au max!" I'd none of the requirements but here's my take....

A tag that's a "mop-up" overstamped with Paper Artsy bubbles, 2 sea horses (grunge paper + acrylic) one is under the recycled/embossed packaging, this would be to hide the fact that I tried to speed up the crackle effect by using my heat gun!!! The sand dollar is a starfish stamp on a circle of grunge paper with some distress stain & distress EP whilst the starfish is freehand cut with more distress EP.
The seaweed is the juniper sprigs from the tattered pine die and my "sand" is some PVA with extra fine nail frost (like micro beads) and disagree EP (antique linen & brushed corduroy). 

The tie at the top is gauze bandage coloured with silk paints several years ago. All in all I've had fun improvising!


Here's a close up of the bottom of the tag.....


Well, that's my tag done, now I'm off to a BBQ in the rain!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely tag, great improvisation, The sand looks amazing!
    it's raining again today :(. At least we can pretend we have sand in our toes x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, the comment I left yesterday did not appear here so sending again. This is a fabulous July tag Sally. I really love sea themed things and your sand is inspired! Excellent work as always. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great design and wonderful take on Tim's tag, love it. Hope you had a good BBQ xx

    ReplyDelete