Followers

Saturday 4 October 2014

Cards...?

Its world card making day and I've made.....none.

I did manage to get both of the journal challenges done though which was a good thing.
Journal 52: experiment went live yesterday & I spent the evening & part of the night pondering....had some ideas but nothing too firm.
DLP: polka dots we'd had some clues but the theme isn't released until late Saturday lunchtime.
I'd decided that I was going to take a flyer & hope it was indeed dots.

I took another of my donated marbled papers, did some stencilling with pine needles DI, added some blue dots with salty ocean and a home made roller stamp of dots plus some stencilling through sequin waste in brushed corduroy. All that remained was some doodling with a black sharpie, a white posca pen, a little in the way of happy mail (Chaplin & 3 circles that remind me of planets).

I had the song "windmills of your mind" running through my head so I had to add an orbital belt to one of the circles.


I got some craft foam & washer border die & made myself a stamp :-) and used some metallic, silk (!) paints, some of the patterns overlap & create shadows. I outlined with a white gelly roll pen and a turquoise pen. Added a happy mail circle ringed with a little smudged charcoal.


Most of all I had fun & what more can you ask for when it's raining outside :-)

Enjoy the weekend....



3 comments:

  1. Fantastic journal page, that tune is on my mind now.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally - fabulous techniques, fabulous creation! Love the design and the vibrant colours! Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete