Followers

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Inner strength

I had to think about how I wanted to interpret this weeks POSITIV>>+>>JOURNAL theme which is "your inner strength". So like the French to give you deep meaningful themes! Reminds me of all the intellectual & philosophical classes at school....

Crumpled tissue paper + DI over both pages, edged with more DI.


Die cut letters + fired brick.

I've hand stitched 4 layers of papers together: base layer is angel hair paper(stash) then paper with acrylic fibres included that I made on a course about 25 years ago with Geoff Lowe, a layer of mulberry paper printed with Indian script followed by another layer of my own paper that has bits of metallic machine embroidery threads through it. I used a variegated Caron Wildflowers thread in Burnt Toast.

A little red heart & some chit chat stickers to finish off


Hope that next week is not as deep!




3 comments:

  1. Hi Sally, love your thinking behind this theme, those layers look gorgeous.

    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page Sally, the layers look beautiful. I would have struggled with this theme.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that textures... soft and exciting is this!

    ReplyDelete