Followers

Friday 31 March 2017

April

Journal 52

11.*Gentle Kindly. Amiable. Not severe, rough or violent. Mild.. SynonymsClement, peaceful, pacific, soothing, tender, humane, lenient, merciful. Prompt Create a spread that explores how gentle you are with yourself. If you find gentleness difficult, explore why that might be. Try and use gentle techniques – soft touches, soft colours.Oracle: Where is gentleness required in your life? Who requires it of you? How can you treat yourself more gently?


I went with the idea of "gentle as a lamb" and an Easter card card that I had in my stash....

12.*Balance: A state in which different things occur in equal or proper amounts or have an equal or proper amount of importance. Synonyms: Equity, harmony, equivalence, parity, symmetry.. Prompt: Use symmetry in a journal spread. Focus on the concept of balance between light and dark, sorrow and joy, or other opposites.

Oracle: What do you need to attain balance? Where are you off balance? What is needing to be more balanced?


For this one...I remembered some balancing Hippo stickers and as they were in a drawer in the bureau Bill's grandfather made that was on its way outside to the garage I grabbed them quick!

Colour me positive: quote....all the flowers of all the tomorrows are in the seeds of today 

A pre-prepped background, some stencilling & a few flowers + a printed out quote....

Ironically this would also work with this week's Journal 52 but I shall make a different one!

Art journal journey and another quote knowledge is of no use unless you put it into practice (Chekhov)

I just happened to come across some book images whilst throwing out some magazines!

Art prompts galore...

MARCH 19-25: GLIMMER// SCAVENGER:blue, yellow, flowers, stripes, stamping with black ink, quote, , doodles, paint splatters, dabs or marks, something from your stash


All items from my stash!

MARCH 26-APRIL 1 is: Games people play//Scavenger: ORANGE, BROWN   , A FEW CIRCLES, AN IMAGE FROM A MAGAZINE, SOME PIECES OF A BOOK PAGE, A WRAPPER OR PACKAGING OF SOME KIND, 3 WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOUR FAVOURITE THING TO DO, SOME TEXTURE (USE ANY METHOD), SOMETHING FROM YOUR STASH, BLACK INK 

Stencilled circles & a nursery rhyme that came in the post today....

And then we have the latest inchie parrot.... I think it's an advert for some Lawn Fawn stamps that I coloured!


Still trying to control/ tame my workroom as well as the rest of the house and not get too far behind with my pages so I'll be back soon with more....

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous art projects Sally. I hope you get back to your craft room soon.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Sally lots of fabulous projects here but I am more than in love with your beautiful flowers pages. Happy Sunday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages...sweet little parrot inchie, Dixx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific craft projects and a wonderful inchie

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your thought process with all the prompts, you always come up trumps - some great journal pages there Sally and a cute little parrot

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your collage pages, so many fabulous ideas. That little nut tree nursery rhyme brought back memories, I'd almost forgotten that one. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a colorful works. That little parrot is adorable

    ReplyDelete