Followers

Sunday 25 March 2018

Sunshine

Spring has been peeking up in the garden in the form of colourful crocus! Sun has been shining & I actually sat in the garden for my cup of tea yesterday! Life is looking brighter and the clocks have moved to summer time

Art journal journey 
Image: four leaf clover. Word: succeed. Prompt: write about doing something you don't want to do. Technique: create and use journal pockets on your page to place your journalling in. Quote:  Who you are tomorrow begins with what you do today. Tim Fargo.


Art prompts galore 

MARCH 19-25: REPETITION //SCAVENGER: Orange, Pink, Dots, Texture, Stamping with random object, Paint spatters, Image of your choice, Half of something, A few words, Black ink 



Colour me positive 

Week 12 : lilac frame.image: leaping silhouettes. Quote: the first step is you having to say that you can. Will Smith



Life documented 

Prompt: Exploring Wendy McWilliams abstract art. 

Technique: Make an abstract using Wendy McWilliams technique of wet in wet acrylics blending with paper towels or cloth. 

Quote: "Abstract artists tell their stories with shapes, color, edges, movement, and value - just like when one is painting a beautiful scene. The difference is, of course, there is no scene. The scene is within the artist. I often get asked, 'How do you know when you are done?' I am done when the story is told."  Gwen Fox


On Thursday I took a trip up to Fraserburgh to check out some puppies....yes, I'm going over to the dark side! There are no Golden retriever dogs to be had in Scotland, adult rescue or puppy so.....I'm getting a Flatcoat in early May these little ones are only a fortnight old so no way are they leaving mum just yet!

Every inchie Monday sees us travel to Ecuador this week.....another far flung country, this one in South America .with mountains & jungle,Quito & the Galapagos it's a country of contrasts 

Ans so you have the Galapagos tortoises, flag & map this week.


See you again soon!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sally, I love the art you shared today, wonderful pages, I loved the quote on the first page.
    However I was drawn to the photo of the wonderful family of puppies. I am so pleased for you, this is something to look forward to and the day one of them will return home with you.
    Sorry for the delay in leaving you a comment, for some reason or other your post has just shown up on my dashboard today and I noticed the date on it was Sunday.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, it only got posted today, I did the draft on Sunday evening- needed to finish my inchies, then yesterday the landliy& internwere down for most of the day!

      Delete
  2. Your inchie images are very inclusive of a country with a long and interesting history. Loved you art pages, as usual, particularly the wry one...lovely to see those pups, something to look forward to indeed. I have a friend with a curly haired black retriever, a very large but gorgeous boy. I have never met a flat-coat, or not that I noticed, anyway,
    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, your art is amazing as usual! I really love the one with the guy! I have thought that sentiment many a time! HAHA. But I really just want to say PUPPIES!!!!! GAH!!! They are so beautiful and they made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooooh, the puppies......so sweet :-) Flatcoated retrievers are beautiful dogs! Love your artwork and your inchies are great.

    ReplyDelete