Followers

Wednesday 4 July 2012

4th & 14th July

Tim Holtz has posted his July tag...so as I have no canned air, no alcohol ink, no Statue of Liberty....the list goes on & on....I tried to do something with what I did have.

So I set to with some white card, blue ink, red ink and my felt applicator! Not quite the same effect as Tim achieved but hey he's a pro!I did however use the New York skyline and the star strip from one of his clear stamp sets, the stars I stamped in red + red embossing powder & also ColorBox blue + blue glitter- the glitter was not very successful :-(  I mounted the white card onto red, then blue card.Die cut a white star & a red one to punch the tag hole through for the ribbon (stash) I do not consider this to be one of my finest by any stretch of the imagination but it's all part of the learning curve.
And then it was time to try something else... As I did all my education in french....Yes that would explain why my English is sometimes rubbish...and I still spend a lot of my time in France I just had to make a tag related to the "quatorze juillet", this also just happens to be my dear "other half for the past 35 years" birthday so time to get more ink on my fingers :-D.   More white card, Paper Artsy Hot Picks Xtra 01 (ink splats) stamped in Ranger distress inks in Festive Berries & Salty Ocean (both from limited ink collections) I used the same colours to ink the edges of the tag. A freebie fireworks stamp from Craft Stamper for some explosions that used clear embossing powder & red/blue glitters. The stamps Arc de Triomphe, Paris (hidden under the threads), France & Bonjour came from Clear Stamps.Some dymo tape for the date, ribbon from my stash , a die cut and a mini Eiffel Tower...Job done! Hope you like the end result.

1 comment:

  1. Great tags to celebrate two memorable days. Love them both.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete