Followers

Wednesday 17 January 2018

Onward

Art prompts galore 


JAN 15-21:Pockets, tags and texture//Scavenger List: Pink, Orange, stripes, circles,

a piece of a book page, image of a person, stamping with random household object,

use a Sharpie or similar to make marks, scraps from your scrap bin, something you received in the mail.


Orange book page stripes, pink book page circles, random stamping of elastic bands around an acrylic block, Dyan Reaveley image of a person, a scrap lady in a hat from my stash and a female Image received in happy mail, Sharpie doodling in orange and black on the pink book paper circles.


Every inchie Monday 

India is the country we travel to this week it is also the birthplace of my mother in law and her sisters! A country that brings to mind the splendours of the Maharajah, painted elephants, colourful saris & spicy curries, the Indian mutiny and the horrors that happened in places like Cawnpore, Madras & Calico fabrics that originated here, the Taj Mahal, the palaces & forts of Jaipur, the Indus , Varanasi, Buddha and all the many many Indian gods like Kali, Ganesh etc, Gandhi and Mother Teresa....I never got there when we lived in the Middle East & now , I fear, I just couldn't cope with the begging! So this week I've chosen to use more of my dad's stamps

And also an elephant 


Colour me positive 

Pink frame, image: jellyfish, quote: remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead


I just went with the quote this time as I had a lovely orchid image that I've had for ages that seemed to be perfect on the background I had in front of me,



I have stamped the quote with Wendy Vecchi archival ink (hydrangea) and added a little colour with an aging felt pen!


Life documented 

Theme:  New beginnings - vintage paper/drawings

Prompt:  To overcome the blank page.

Technique:  To incorporate papers, scraps, doodles and scribbles into your page.

Quote:  “Be uniquely you. Stand out. Shine. Be colorful. The world needs your prismatic soul!” Amy Leigh Mercree





A lot of Scotland seems to have got snow this week but we have remained without....no complaints here! We took Bailey across to the vet referral centre and we are awaiting biopsy results now....but he will need surgery to remove the lumps whatever by the sound of things so my fingers are crossed!

Further news next week.......

4 comments:

  1. Some fabulous art work Sally, I chose the elephant for India as well. We had some snow, but having had so much rain it turned to slush very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely art work...I am still making my art journal...maybe I am prevaricating...Love the "absolutely Unique" quote. Your inchie images are all very evocative, Dx PS I have my fingies crossed for a good outcome for Bailey. My dear old Bob had a large (benign) lump on his side for his last few years, fortunately it didn't require surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work! The Inchies are lovely, I think the elephant is grand! Prayers for your little doggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great inchies, I love the elephant.

    ReplyDelete