Followers

Sunday 19 May 2013

Because I could!

It poured with rain yesterday so I decided to have a play with some of my goodies :-)

I coloured a tag that I had embossed using the french script folder using salty ocean then added walnut ink to the raised parts & edges.



On a separate piece of turquoise paper I stamped the tim Holtz butterflies & moths in walnut ink & clear embossed, then overstamped with the french script in salty ocean.




Having mounted this piece onto the tag, I wrapped the whole thing with some  brown & turquoise machine embroidery threads. I then added sequins, a butterfly & ribbon rosette from my new stash and added threads as a tie at the top as well as adding some gathered lace along the bottom.


And then I decided to use the other French folder Eiffel tower....

Again, I embossed a tag, added some colour, mowed lawn, squeezed lemonade & broken china.

I embossed a piece of dark gray card for the Eiffel tower, cut it out & mounted on some foam pads onto the tag. Did the same with a piece of gold card for the fleur de lys and mounted with. Ore foam pads. The words are stamped onto some card coloured with Mowed Lawn & stamped with archivall black. (clear choice stamps)
I finished off with some yellow ribbon tied with green embroidery floss.

These are not my usual colours at all but felt I wanted to try something different...because I could :-)

Hope you like them.

3 comments:

  1. That French script embossing folder is very very nice. I love the colours you used on the butterfly tag and the criss cross embroidery threads finish it off beautifully. A great tag Sally, you are clever :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainy days are great for getting creative, aren't they? No guilt. :) These are lovely tags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fantastic creative day, beautiful tags.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete