Followers

Friday 19 February 2016

Post time

Colour me positive's face your fears challenge came through on Friday morning & I had a rummage through my "holiday" stash....found some bits I could use and set about making my page on the background in my book which is a silvery grey.

An image that includes Tim Holtz/ sizzix clock & the quote Life is an adventure / 2 strips of bugs / a beetle image / an ivory carving of a wild animal (rhino?) / a dinosaur / a couple of partial images from a colouring book of 2 beetles / and an advert for a "dragon maze" that I picked up in the summer. I did a graphite wash around the images & stencilled the title, added some white Uniball around the letters & did a little doodling of wavy lines using the edge of a stencil.

Then came the Journal 52 : the heart knows / skulls. I went with what I could....skulls

The Cinco de Mayo advert actually went reasonably well with the background page that was presenting itself so it seemed like fate. Added some stencilled numbers and title as well as some partial flourishes around the edges.


Art prompts galore were next up with quite a selection: lines, arrows,dots, red, eyes.

I think I managed to cover all the bases with this one!

Lines = washi tape & dotted lines around the tape
Arrows = one to the eye
Dots = stencilled circles, stamped spirals, border to the image of the lady
Red = colour used for the stencilling 
Eyes= she's only got one!

It's amazing what I manage to find in the holiday stash box! I even identified a few items that I could use for another Positiv Journal love/collage page....

The love of a mother for her child and the unknown man that he will become....

And after all that, all that remains is DLP, which I've yet to ponder on, and the latest inchie which I will link on Monday ....

Earth



12 comments:

  1. Sally , its amazing what you are making with your limited supplies, these are all fantastic pieces.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great set of projects. Face your fears is a fab page, one of my fears is on it ... moths ... hate them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the sugar skull, and the one eyed beauty! the earth is great love the take on it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great work with your holiday supplies, I would need a van. Love the inchie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great work with your holiday supplies, I would need a van. Love the inchie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pages and a beautiful image for your inchie

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pages and a beautiful image for your inchie

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderfully creative pieces. Perfect inchie too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've been so busy and all so great, your one eyed beauty was fun and face your fears - just the titles makes you think and to do these with limited supplies I take my hat off to you. Great work and inchie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice work overall and I really like your inchie globe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work. I love your inchie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much art work. Love your face your fears. Wonderful inchie.

    ReplyDelete