Followers

Monday 30 October 2017

Cooler

It's turned cooler here....windows are were in the morning and we had our first serious frost this morning....
As it's Monday I'm sharing my creativity from earlier....


Art journal journey: Image: key. Word: discover. Prompt: write about the time you broke the rules or went against the norm.  Technique: make prints with a crumpled paper towel on a gelli plate. Quote: you are more powerful than you know and they fear the day that you discover it.


Life documented 

Theme: A look at life through pictures (taken or drawn). Prompt: Include yourself

Technique: Collage photos, drawn pictures. Quote: “Time it was, and what a time it was; it was a time of innocence, a time of confidences. Long ago, it must have been, I have a photograph.” -Paul Simon.





Prompt: To incorporate a pretty pocket and elements of a bullet journal in your layout.

Technique:  Use deli paper and the art of brush calligraphy (you can use India ink if you have any or simply use watercolours and a brush)

Quote: Happiness radiates like the fragrance from a flower and draws all good things towards you.   Maharishi Mahesh Yogi




Colour me positive   
We are all a little broken, but the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same. Of course this quote is saying that no matter how the past has treated you, you still matter and have value.

Do you remember when you were younger, when a broken crayon may have been a disaster and was thrown out? This used to be me. These days though, every crayon has various ways to be utilised, no matter how many pieces it is broken into.

You should see my Caran D’Arch Neocolor II Crayons. When I get a new colour the first thing I do is break them in half. Why?

Firstly it’s so I can have half in my studio and put half in my travel pencil case, which I keep in my handbag.

Secondly, it encourages you to use it, as apposed to not wanting to waist it. How many supplies have you not used or not used much, as you don’t want it to run out or it’s too good to use?

There are so many ways to use a crayon. Just look at the ‘melting crayons’ art fad. Sometimes you just have to think outside of the box.




Art journal journey  Image: hot air balloon. Word: rise. Technique: use paint swatches. Prompt: what are the songs in the "soundtrack " of your life?  Quote: Even the darkest night will end and the Sun will rise. (Victor Hugo)

And my closing one......my inchie of course! And a very seasonal one because this week is all about spiders 


See you all after we've survived Halloween....

4 comments:

  1. I dislike spiders and their webs, yuk. Your inchie and journal pages are fabulous. You do seem to get a lot done. My mojo and energy for journaling seems to be taking a break. Please keep the frost in Scotland, I have too much to do in the garden to be struggling with frozen ground.
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I was worried about opening up your link...but I see you have done a lovely faded little thingy in your web so I was able to remain seated and enjoy all your lovely art projects...it does sound as if Winter is on it's way for you where we are starting to swelter...very early too which does NOT bode well...we already have a major fire on our East coast...fingies crossed, Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great art work- love the time piece and the keys - I had a friend who made a similar key collage but with real keys and hanging on little tiny pins on the wall - it was beautiful and held every key she'd ever owned!!Gorgeous spider web - as everyone seems to note the webs of the spider is what is beautiful about the creature although I personally am not afraid, but I actually get more annoyed about their webs as they make my house look unclean!! I have very high ceilings and they are a devil to reach to clear the webs away!! Anyway a lovely blog page today great work. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so many beautiful pieces. I love them all, the balloons are so beautiful. You and I had the same idea for our inchies, love it

    ReplyDelete