Followers

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Happy Halloween

I had an idea brewing.... So after working on various ideas/elements for the past couple of days.... I am now ready to show you my latest tag!

I coloured the tag with peeled paint, crushed olive & spiced marmalade distress stains then did my distressed edges with black soot ink. Some "blood" runs & splats using stamps from Recollections - festive berries for those :-)

I've stamped bats & cauldron (Martha Stewart) in black archival

I've used TH Branch Tree die inked with walnut stain - the branches that hung off the edge have been used on the opposite edge, after sticking these down I added a crow from the same set of stamps. 

I stamped a spider web over the paper reinforcer 

The silver cage came off eBay & the orange bat was part off a set of Halloween trinkets from a trip to the Dollar Store last year. I used foam pads to raise the cage so that the bat would look trapped. 

A couple of cuttlebug pumpkins & skull (die-cuts) sit at the foot of the tree and a Spellbinders shrink plastic pumpkin (coloured with promarkers) sits in the tree branches


2 comments:

  1. This is just awesome!!! Beautifully spooky background! Love the idea of the caged bat too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Spooky Halloween Sally! Great tag.

    ReplyDelete