Followers

Saturday 28 February 2015

High five & restraint

Restraint is the theme for Journal 52 this week & we even had a little tutorial link.... I did 2 pages on copy paper as I wasn't sure where I'd go with it!

I used a Paper Artsy die to make a stencil and applied orange, orange +touch of white, orange + touch of black to create a random pattern. 

The background was then filled in using black acrylic and I outlined the resulting shapes with a posca pen. 

The plain orange had some leaf style veining added with a black pen. I had some serious "spitting" problems with both pens!

My second page was done using the stamps that match the die and also the same stencil. This time I used DI dried marigold, spiced marmalade,rusty hinge. I added a fine line in sepia Pitt pen around the dried marigold shapes.


Then it was onto dlp where the challenge was to use at least 3 layers & the prompt: give me a high five.

Restraint must have rubbed off on me! Not a lot of colour to this one.....

I stamped some random script across my page (gessoed), used some acrylic tinted clear gesso through a chevron stencil. Once that layer was dry I stuck down some paper strips (scraps!) and after more drying time I used a new Labyrinth stencil with Victorian velvet DI.

I added a doodled strip of book paper to the RH page, stamped some 5s in seedless preserve on both pages as well as HOME because....well obviously I live at number 5.



I took a small kraft label from my stash & stamped it with a free house stamp that has been coloured, a small scrap od wrapping paper added along the bottom to represent the garden & then stuck it onto a piece of hammered watercolour paper that I had swiped through DI at some time in the past....



I wanted to add some texture to my tag but didn't want to use my sewing machine. Instead I used a paper pattern tracing wheel to create perforations around the edge & then did some chain stitch all around it using a Caron variegated thread.


So that's me all up to date with the journal pages, tomorrow is the first of march and Tim Holtz will be revealing his latest tag and I'm all clear and ready to rock if inspiration strikes :-)

Happy weekend to all.....



5 comments:

  1. Two fabulous pages Sally. Love the bold coloured leaves and a great design with the 'high 5s'
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabulous pages Sally. Love the bold coloured leaves and a great design with the 'high 5s'
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great pages Sally. I'm on catch up mode, two weeks behind.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pages. I particularly like the leaves, the black background and highlighting with the pen is very dramatic. Looking forward to seeing Tim's tag tomorrow too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool. I love LOVE the little house and all those beautiful colors!!

    ReplyDelete