Thursday, 19 February 2015


In a bid to switch off whilst waiting for news on Bill's surgery (to remove the metal post installed in dec 2012) I spent some time experimenting....

Some photographic paper (that was rescued from Aunties in the spring when we cleared out her flat) got the alcohol ink treatment, the metallic mixer left a dusty film on the paper so I wiped that off. I tried stamping but the stamp didn't work too well, so I went over the pattern with a gold signo pen & I also tried using versamark/EP....that didn't go too well either as the surface of the paper cracked as is visible in the purple picture (top right)
Bottom left is stencilling using the new Mini Pattern Strops (Balzer Designs TCW) whilst the one on the right is mini flower frenzy + doodling with gel's bright is about all I will say about this one!

Then I went back to an alphabet soup page that I did ages ago but never touched since, I added some clear gesso then a coat of distress paint some dark wash pencil around the letters, washi tape (TH)....

Surgery has now happened & Bill is back on the ward, I've to call back soon to see if they are going to let him come home tonight!  

Back on here again soon, in between my nursing duties!


  1. Fabulous colourful experiments Sally.
    Hope you get Bill home safely and all went well with the op.
    Yvonne xx

  2. Love those retro-look flowers and bright pattern. Great alphabet page too.
    Thanks for commenting on my blog.