I guess we must be although I'm really not quite sure how we got there so fast. Any clues anybody?
The theme this week is to add fabric and there I was spoilt for choice....I could delve through the wooden chest, climb into the loft & raid the stash up there (no- too cold!) pull some of the bits out of the drawer in my desk or even the one in Bills office where I keep a teak unit full of books/ sewing bits/button boxes, frames, maps, cards received & treasured.
I went for 1 from the office & it's been there a long time, maybe made 20 years ago, on second thoughts make that 30 as it was when I did a lot of experimenting on my sewing machine & before I did my C&G in creative embroidery.
Some thicker metallic threads have been machine couched onto hot water dissolving fabric using a finer metallic machine embroidery thread. Once you dissolve the fabric in very hot water you are left with a lace like material.
I attached it to my page using some metallic green brads that are similar to the flower centres on the paper, I've also doodled with a gold sharpie to fill in the black of the page.
Here is a close up