Followers

Sunday, 6 August 2017

Rain

Yes, we have rain after a very hot week so it's a case of rain created play!

I've therefore been playing catchup with my journals.....

Journal 52
GATHER & REVERE


PLUCK


Life documented 

Quote: A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because her trust is not in the branch but on its wings.  Always believe in yourself. ~ Unknown

Technique: Paper/fabric collage

Prompt: Use a variety of coloured papers and fabrics to recreate a collage of a pretty scene or object.


Quote: “Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of always focusing on how far you have to go.” 

― Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass.

Technique: Collage, stamp, stencil, mark, cut out

Prompt: Make a Divider



Art journal journey 
Image: seashell or beach. Word: retreat. Prompt: list 5 ways you are energised or things that bring positive energy into your life. Technique: use salt to create texture in watercolours. Quote: within you there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself (Herman Hesse)
And a final picture in this photo heavy post.....my new inchie alligator 



5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful array of projects! Especially loving the organic page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the words to the dance, smile giggle one about living in the moment and not worrying how much further you need to go as that's where I am at the moment!! Brilliant words and brilliant art work - cute little aligator too - hope the rain isn't spoiling your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love going through your wonderful pages...cute inchie...rain is nice when it gives us a chance to rest a bit or do something different...Dixx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the inchie, love the bird quote! I had to save that one! I also love the flowers, you do some amazing work!

    ReplyDelete