Followers

Friday 27 March 2020

1079

Thank goodness that the figure is not the number of deaths from this plague or indeed the number of days that we have been in confinement!

I’m making art, gardening, cooking in an improvisational manner & hoping that I don’t end up an alcoholic lol.

Here are my latest art offerings

Colour me positive

Life documented 

Started out as a cream sheet of card that got coloured with soft pastels then overstamped with versamark which i then brushed over with some redundant eyeshadow!


I then overstamped with Clarity ART in coffee archival, went back over the eyeshadow lines with a copper gelli pen and coloured in the background with Promarker pens


Next up is another wacky holidays page


A mixed media postcard that has arrived at its destination 


Another that has yet to be mailed but the lady that is going to get it has seen it!


And finally a piece prompted by Seth Apter group on Facebook 


Inked free papers that have been torn & glued down, overstamped, black soot oxide ink rubbed over in places then some wiped back through a stencil. Over the background I have added some Tim Holtz kiddies, a diecut fence, a Destination diecut that has been inked with oxide & overstamped then part torn. Corona “virus” is ink splat stamp & red embossing powder. Covington 19 has been stamped onto a paper strip..... trying to stay positive!


Stay safe good people- look after your loved ones and keep washing your hands and maintaining safe distance.

3 comments:

  1. Great artwork Sally and I do love the last one, we must all try and protect against this virus.
    Stay safe, Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here... creativity at the craft desk, but also in the kitchen and the garden (so profoundly grateful that I have some outside space to escape to). Wonderful pages - that Einstein quote has gone straight into my quote collections. He's definitely my "most-quoted" at the foot of my posts, and puts in plenty of appearances in the stamp sets too.

    The cycling hippo made me smile, and I really love your Seth Apter page - I didn't know he was prompting people too. It's that dreaded FB, sadly, but I might sneak a peek just to see...

    Take care, stay safe, stay sane!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching up as usual Sally. I've enjoyed seeing your inspiring art pieces. Its crafting that will be keeping me sane in the coming weeks, even though I have to watch over Dave for most of the day.
    Look after yourselves and stay safe.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete