Followers

Saturday 17 February 2024

Fragments course

 So I signed up for a few free courses last week and have started working on 2!

Fragments with Francisca Nuñes is proving to be a whole lot of fun …. It’s going to be a great place to keep all the little things that I don’t want to part with, tags & mixed media postcards that I have received…


So I’m going to share the covers and spine all done with recycling:-)

Outside of cardboard box: gesso + distress ink in Seedless Preserve & distress oxides in weathered wood & rustic wilderness, TCW Labyrinth stencil with old gold acrylic, Tim Holtz Tarnished Brass stain for the splatters.



Under paper on the inside with the spine reinforced by masking tape.



The Spine is a piece of heavy linen that I dyed on a City & Guilds course who knows when! On a later course i stencilled some gold paint on it. You can also see that the signatures have been sewn in using Caron thread (mulberry).


3 signatures made from papers collected/ made/ given by friends that I have been “precious “ about but no longer!

I’ve started to add some bits inside, in fact the 1st signature is well on the way to being done.




No comments:

Post a Comment